Calcium Lactate Powder
Calcium Lactate Powder
Standard Process Calcium Lactate Powder supports absorption of calcium and magnesium.* Great addition to your kid's smoothie!
- Supports muscle contraction and nerve conduction
- Supports maintenance and function of cell membranes and membrane permeability
- Supports blood coagulation
- Supports proper functioning of enzyme systems
- Supports and helps maintain healthy bone density and remodeling
- Highly soluble form of calcium from a nondairy source
- Contains a 5:1 ratio of calcium and magnesium
- Provides additional support for the immune system response function
- Can be mixed in a supplement shake or added to foods
- Adequate calcium as part of a healthful diet, along with physical activity, may reduce the risk of osteoporosis in later life.*
How does Calcium Lactate Powder support healthy bones and teeth?
Calcium and magnesium are of critical importance to human health, especially bone health.1,2 Bones and teeth contain 99 percent of the calcium found in the human body, while bones alone contain 50-60 percent of the magnesium present in the body.3,4 Both calcium and magnesium are essential in the maintenance of bone structure and body-wide function.5,6,7 It is especially important to get the recommended amount of calcium in the diet to support and maintain healthy bone structure.8*
How does calcium support optimal health?
Calcium is necessary for the proper functioning of various white blood cells. Calcium is essential for many functions, including blood coagulation, vasoconstriction, and vasodilation.9 This important mineral also assists with nerve-impulse transmission, muscle contraction, hormone secretion, cell signaling, and proper functioning of many enzyme reactions.10,11*
How does magnesium support optimal health?
Magnesium is essential for more than 300 enzymatic reactions in the body.12Magnesium in the cell acts as a counter-ion for energy-rich adenosine triphosphate (ATP), is a cofactor in over 300 enzymatic reactions, and stabilizes many enzymes, including those involved in generation of ATP.13,14 ATP is needed to produce the energy required for metabolic processes throughout the body. Magnesium supports DNA synthesis, the synthesis of the antioxidant enzyme glutathione, and the transport of ionizable calcium and potassium across cell membranes.*
Nothing is more important than building a strong foundation for the growing body. Calcium comprises over 98% of the mineral component of bone and tooth structure; and is necessary for muscle and nerve function. To ensure your child gets the calcium needed, supplement with Calcium Lactate Powder or Calcifood®. Calcifood helps build strong, healthy bones while Calcium Lactate Powder contains both calcium and magnesium to support muscle contraction and nerve conduction.*